Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Lesson Learned

I know better but still I did it. Live and Learn!
Yesterday I was not having a good day and had spent most of the day in the bed when I realized it was time to pick up my grandson from school. I started to change clothes but instead just put on my shoes and went as I was.........an old stretched out Tshirt and worn out warm ups (I am talking thread bare but hey they are very comfortable) and I didn't even brush my hair or teeth. I thought I would just get in line and pick him up and come back home to my bed.........
Well, I got to the entrance to the parking lot and was stopped by a teacher who explained that the school was in Lock Down and that I would have to come inside and wait with everyone else. Evidently we were surrounded by tornadoes.
I was just mighty glad that I had on the necessary under garments, if you know what I mean!

1 comment:

Joan Adams said...

Oh, Nancy! That's funny! And I have learned that lesson so many times, it seems like it would sink in. But, alas, I keep on having to relearn it! lol