Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tree Lighting Ceremony In Pendleton SC - The Lighting Of The Green - A Pendleton Tradition

The Friday night after Thanksgiving is traditionally the date of Pendleton's Tree Lighting Ceremony. This year's event is being planned by Lynne and Bill Parker and they have a wonderful evening in store for us all. The ceremony begins at 6 pm so we hope to see you on Pendleton's Historic Village Green for this heartwarming Christmas Event.

Christmas In Pendleton SC is a time that I always enjoy and I have written my sentiments in the following poem:

Christmas Holly



Christmas In Pendleton, South Carolina
By
Nancy Hellams

Experiencing Christmas in a small Southern town
Is something I do every year that rolls around.
I look so forward to all the goings on
And am proud to call Pendleton SC my home.

We light the town tree in the middle of the square
It has been erected with oh such care
The candlelight ceremony just warms my heart
As I listen to participants do their part.

Singing Carols, drinking cider and eating cookies, too!
Are all things friends and neighbors are meant to do
The Christmas Spirit is in the air
At our little Village on the square!

I won’t be going to a crowded mall
I will be shopping around the Farmers Hall
For there are quaint shops with gifts galore
Right under my nose – who could want for more!

I will join my friends for a special lunch
Or maybe even a Holiday Punch
We will laugh and talk on the Village Green
And listen to the Carolers as they sing!

Our Churches and Schools have special programs, too!
The Happenings around Pendleton are never few.
There is the Theatre with a seasonal play
And Historic Tours offered most any day!
Don’t forget the Arena and the Christmas Market too
Oh me, Oh my – There is just so much to do!

The Christmas Parade is always fun
In this little town of Pendleton!
We welcome visitors from all around
So join us in our special town.

You can check it all out on my Squidoo
Marking your calendar with things to do
Pendleton is the place to be
Come for a visit and you will see!

Wishing you a joyful Holiday Season
As we remember the real reason
We celebrate this special time
In this wonderful town that I call mine!


Christmas Holly



Pendleton Happenings

No comments: