Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Grandparents Day to all you grandparents out there

I love being a Grandma. My grandma name is Ohme and I guess this is as good a place as any to tell you why. When my grandson was learning to talk, I was due a knee replacement and it was so hard for me to get up and down while holding him. I would automatically say "Oh Me!" as I tried to get up from a sitting position with him in my arms. He just picked up on it and started mocking me and it just stuck. I love it. He is such a joy to us and we are so thankful that we live in the same town and see him almost daily. Yes,I love being a grandma!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love being a Grandma too. My name is Daymee--my daughter changed the pronunciation of Dammie to Dayme, not that I cared...whatever he called me was music to my ears!!! I have 2 grandsons, 8 and 4, and the minute I became a grandma 8 years ago I joined an organization called Grandmothers for Peace. It is a grassroots organization of grandmothers who think war should cease so that no grandsons or grandaughters will suffer or die. I think if the world leaders were grandmothers we would solve our problems without resorting to wars.